Hello Crafty friends. I has been snowing again here in Northants and it’s very cold so I was happy to be cosy in the craft room making a lovely birthday card for one of my friends. I thought that I would share it with you all, but shh, don’t tell her, although I’m sure she won’t mind.
I used the new AdvantEdge and the punch that comes as part of the starter kit. It’s really simple to make and very quick, so here goes.
- First choose the card colour that your recipient will like and chop part of the front off using a paper trimmer.
- Take some acetate and attach to the inside of the card so it takes the place of the card that you cut away. Trim away any excess.
- Using the Advantage and the floral punch, punch out the design using a patterned piece of paper or card. Attach this to the acetate.
- Then take piece of the card you cut away and stick it to the end of the acetate so it looks like your punched image is floating in the middle.
- Attach a greeting and embellishments to the card to complete.
As I say, this a very quick and easy card to make.
You don’t have to use the same tools as I have, find what you have in your crafty tool box and just adapt it. Although, I will say that the AdvantEdge does have some really pretty punches.
A couple of tips on adhesives:
To stick the acetate I used Stix2 ultra clear tape, the type with the red backing, which, incidentally, is ultra-sticky too.
To stick the punched motif I used Crafter’s Companion spray adhesive,
Those are my tips, but what would you stick acetate with? Make sure you let me know.
** SHOW INFO ** I will be at the craft show in Harrogate this weekend, so If you happen to be going, come and say hello, I will be at the Art of Craft stand.
Well, I hope you like the card I made and you have a go at making one too.
I’m sure I’ll see you soon, until then…